Monday, March 16, 2009

City of Ember

So after a crazy weekend of getting ready for our fun houseguests: Jacob and Lisa, who are here for Alicia's wedding. Steph and I sat down to watch a movie that we have had from Netflix for about two weeks. It is called City of Ember, and it was a relatively obscure kids movie that came out late last year.

I am just going to say that I love this movie. It was by no means perfect -- there are a ton of holes in the narrative and the conflict towards the end isn't very satisfying. But underground worlds are awesome -- come to think of it, I love any movie where the main characters are trying to find an escape to the world around them.

In thinking about it, City of Ember reminds me of The 5th Element, only underground, and made for kids. While we were watching it I commented to Steph that it was the type of movie that our kids are going to watch over and over and most adults won't understand why.

Oh, and Bill Murray is in the film. And he's awesome.

Netflix it.

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Humm... I'll have to check this movie out- sounds RAD!