Thanksgiving has passed and I failed to really emphasize the gratitude part of the season. I think the night of Thanksgiving, right before we fell asleep, Rob and I talked about a few things we were grateful for, but that's it.
I listened to this message today and thought, "it's not too late to think about and share what I'm grateful for." So, here are 100 things I'm most grateful for, listed here in the format suggested at the end of the link to the message.
1. Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.- the ability to provide nourishment to my little baby boy
- a capable mind
- knees that do all I require of them to do
- the ability to climb a flight of stairs or a steep hill
- a healthy body that is rarely sick
- I quickly recover from those times that I am sick
- cooking (I do it with my body)
- ability to grow a baby
- ability to give birth to a baby
- ability to (once upon a time) run in a race
2. Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
- an apartment that is more than we need it to be
- a computer
- two cars (even the one that makes me angry)
- baby swing
- money in the bank
- wedding ring
- food storage
3. Write 10 living people (or groups of people - I added that) you are grateful for.
- Jesus Christ
- my husband, who is my best friend
- my little baby boy
- all my family
- police officers
- Young Women presidency
- Julie Beck
- safe drivers
- ward family
4. Write 10 deceased people (or groups) you are grateful for.
- Joseph Smith
- Grandpa Bill
- Abraham Lincoln
- Gordon B. Hinckley
- Rob's ancestors
- Mormon pioneers
- Founding Fathers
5. Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
- The view outside my window
- the colors of Fall
- Springtime, when all the world turns a bright green
- rain (yes, rain. but not snow)
- no natural disasters
- the trees because my son likes to look at them
- beauty of Hawaii
- Provo Canyon
- the Food Chain
6. Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
- time spent serving at Deseret Industries
- my husband be willing and capable to be with the baby while I was gone
- finding a pair of socks in the dryer because my feet were freezing but a baby was asleep in my room (even though they were Rob's socks)
- spending time with Alicia at Costco
- Costco samples
- husband putting the duvet cover back on (I hate that job)
- my baby sleeping in my arms
- taking care of Xander
- the ability to buy the things we need and even things we just want
- the holiday season!
7. Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
- my home
- the temple
- Silverdale, our little "get-away"
- my parent's home
- Provo, Utah
- the Pacific Northwest
- my bed
- Group Health/hospital (strange, but I really am grateful for them)
- my walk-in closet
- my ward (is that a place?)
8. Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
- the www.
- my phone
- my husband's phone
- baby swing
- IVF (is that an "invention?")
- blu-ray streaming
9. Write 10
(that was a strange category, so I changed it.)
- meeting and marrying Rob
- struggling to have a baby
- having a baby
- my mission in Pittsburgh, PA
- teaching English in Russia
- attending BYU
- attending UW
- attending Rick's College
- being a member of the 191st ward
- watching all my siblings get sealed to their spouses
10. Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.
- the Atonement
- my testimony
- temple covenants
- modern revelation
- personal revelation
- a living prophet
- the scriptures
- eternal families