Out little boy Henry just turned 4 months old. We just got back from a great trip to Hawaii with my parents (pictures from that trip should appear on the blog one of these days) and we had a blast. Henry was a trooper and allowed his parents to have a nice vacation.
We can definitely see that our little boy is growing. He is even more curious about the world these days and we know that it's just a matter of time before we need to start chasing him around. This is what has been going on in Henry's world:
- Henry's sleep schedule has kind of fallen apart during this month. While he has been getting better about going down for naps, his nights have been harder. We started sleep training before we went to Hawaii and it worked for a few days, then fell apart during the end of our trip. We've started again since we got home and he is doing better. Now he's waking up twice during the night for feedings -- but we would love for him to sleep through the night.
- He has discovered TV, and while we do our best to keep him from watching it, his eyes somehow always seem to drift towards it.
- His blonde hair is becoming more prominent and his once receding hairline seems to be back.
- He generally takes 3 naps during the day, each of which are 1-2 hours.
- He likes to interact with toys and is pretty good at grabbing things.
- He's finally showing interest in Xander -- Xander is still showing interest in eating and poking Henry.
- He likes to suck and chew on anything -- especially his hands. He still won't take a pacifier though.
- We've cut down on giving him baths every night and will typically do it 1-2 times a week.
Other than that, I am realizing that not a lot has changed since last month. We are still happy to have him around, despite the handful that he is.
Happy 4 months Henry!